The Role of Coaching in Fostering Awareness and Challenging Automatic Negative Thought Patterns
April 17 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFree – $25.00
by Rosemary Hanrahan MD, MPH, PCC
12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
CCEs: 1.5 (1.0 core / 0.5 resource)
Almost everyone experiences automatic negative thoughts such as catastrophizing, generalizing and labelling. These unhelpful cognitive distortions tend to be more common during times of stress, and can negatively impact behaviors, life satisfaction and relationships.
This interactive Webinar will explore the types of automatic thoughts, the neurophysiology associated with these thought patterns, and will offer tools that can be used in coaching to help clients challenge and replace unhelpful thoughts with more realistic and positive ones.
In this webinar we will:
- Identify types of negative thought patterns that emerge in coaching conversations.
- Discuss the root of these thought patterns, also known as cognitive distortions, and the impact on feelings, behaviors and outcomes.
- Explore tools that will help clients gain awareness of unhelpful thought patterns, challenge them and replace them with more positive and realistic ones.
Participants will be able to:
- Recognize when client may be experiencing negative automatic negative thought patterns.
- Gain confidence in offering clients tools to challenge and replace negative thought patterns.
- In small group interactive sessions, gain experience using a tool.
- In small group interactive sessions, gain deeper learning from lived experiences by discussing coaches’ experiences with this topic, either personal or with clients.
Speaker: Rosemary Hanrahan MD, MPH, PCC is a physician, professional coach and nonprofit specialist who is committed to lifelong learning and she is passionate about creating facilitated learning experiences for others. Whether the topic is holistic stress management, strengths-based leadership or thriving through change, Rosemary enjoys the positive energy and insights that evolve when individuals share knowledge, best practices and lived experiences.
For over two decades, Rosemary has been facilitating workshops and training for community groups, family caregivers, healthcare professionals, university faculty, and professional coaches. She has also worked with nonprofit organizations in strategic visioning and planning and has facilitated focus groups.
ICF Pittsburgh Member/Affiliate – $0
ICF Global Affiliate Chapters – $15
Non-members – $25
Recording only – $25