The Neuroscience of Coaching – Why Coaching works
March 6 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFree – $25.00
by Ursula Pottinga, CPCC, PCC, MNTC
12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
CCEs: 1.5 (1.0 core / 0.5 resource)
In this lively, inter-active webinar we will explore the neuroscience rationale WHY coaching works and address three main challenges that our clients want to address: stress, making changes and the balance between being and doing.
Coaches and our clients have this powerful piece of equipment in our heads and getting a bit of a User’s Manual can help us understand why coaching works. When we provide a scientifically-based rationale, clients listen and engage more readily. When clients engage, we can go further and deeper with the coaching, thus impacting both the client and their organization more profoundly.
In this webinar we will gain knowledge on:
- Understanding the science of stress: How to manage stress levels in our client’s lives.
- Diving into the connection of neuroplasticity and coaching: Why change is hard and uncomfortable and how to make these changes “stick”.
- Exploring two neural networks that help us understand the tuck and pull of “being and doing”.
Coaches will be able to:
- Work more effectively with clients’ stress levels using the Goldilocks of the brain tool.
- Will be able to explain and normalize clients’ struggle with any type of change and support them using one or more of the Seven Factors to neuroplasticity concept.
- Demystify clients’ viewpoint that doing doing doing (Task network) is the effective way of working and showing them that the networks of the brain (Task and Dream Networks) need to work in harmony for best results.
Speaker: Ursula Pottinga, CPCC, PCC, MNTC is the co-founder of BEabove Leadership and is the co-developer/leader of its ground breaking training program for advanced coaches: Neuroscience, Consciousness and Transformational Coaching.
Ursula also has her own consulting and coaching company, Profound Growth. In this capacity she supports highly successful leaders break out of patterns that have held them back from claiming the best version of themselves, impacting culture, relationships and creating new paths forward. She speaks and coaches internationally and has co-authored a number of books. She is the co-author of The Guide to Getting It: Remarkable Management Skills, Create a New Normal and the spiritual journal: Universal Intentions.
ICF Pittsburgh Member/Affiliate – $0
ICF Global Affiliate Chapters – $15
Non-members – $25
Recording only – $25