- This event has passed.
The Art of Beginning Again
January 18 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree – $25.00
Chris Thyberg, ACC
CCEs 1.5 (core 1.0/resource 0.5)
To have a coaching mindset requires that we are always beginners, but what does that really mean in practice? Through an interactive co-learning experience, we will raise awareness of some common stumbles and unexpected opportunities to begin again that come up repeatedly in our coaching, including micro-adjustments in a session, macro-pivots across an engagement, and mega-restarts as we build our practices.
After awareness comes action and we will explore how to increase our capacities to choose new options with an emerging situation that is inviting us to Begin Again. We never are complete when it comes to “finding what is ours to do,” “getting out of our own way,” “losing presence,” or a host of other dings in our greatness as coaches and growing humans. With grace, we are always beginners, beginning again together.
In this webinar we will:
- Explore three “buckets” of Begin Again signals:
- Getting in our own way
- Doing what’s not ours to do and missing what is ours to do
- Falling out of presence
- Learn from each other’s experiences with a past Begin Again moment, how we caught it, and what we did to change course.
- Explore where a Begin Again opportunity is emerging and set an intention to choose a new practice to deal with this next restart more skillfully and effectively
Participants will leave this workshop energized to:
(1) Clarify and change our relationship to a current opportunity to drop into Begin Again.
(2) Harness that energy to design and commit to skillful practices of noticing where/when we need to begin again, and how to do so gracefully in service to our clients and the world.
(3) Build relationships of mutual support as colleagues intent on continuing growth. This can include connecting with a coach of our own.
Speaker: Chris Thyberg, ACC is Founder and Principal of The Serving Way. After 30- plus years in higher education and international nonprofits serving C-suite executives as in-house strategist and change-agent, Chris knows that today’s leaders are under immense pressure to excel individually and grow their teams to deliver greater performance. Certified from Georgetown University and ICF-credentialed, his broad expertise in leadership development serves emerging and experienced leaders in all sectors when they’ve run up against their growth edges. Using an eclectic approach that includes a variety of assessments, Chris draws out from leaders their inherent capacities to lead themselves well and lead others from the unique genius of who they are as the leaders they are called to be. Chris counts it a great blessing to have traveled extensively for professional and personal growth, having visited Africa, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
ICF Pittsburgh Member/Affiliate/Premier – $0
ICF Global Affiliate Chapters – $15
Non-members – $25
Recording only – $25